se thou art more noble and like a king,(因为你高贵如同帝王,)
Thou canst prevail against my fears and fling,(才驱走了我的畏惧,)
Thy purple round me ,till my heart shall grow,(并用你的皇袍裹住我的身躯,)
Too close against thine heart henceforth to know.(直到从此以后我的心紧贴你的心。)
How it shook when alone.Why,conquering(让它知晓孤独时它是如何悸动。)
May prove as lordly and complete a thing(无论顶向天空还是压向地面)
In lifting upward,as in crushing low!(征服都是如此的完满和荣耀!)
And as a vanquished soldier yields his sword(犹如一个被击败的武士献出他的宝剑,)
To one who lifts him from the bloody earth,(呈奉给把他从血泊中拉起的那个人。)
Even so ,Beloved,I at last record,(就这样,爱人啊,我最终认同,)
Here ends my strife.If thou invite me forth,(从此结束我的抵抗。)
I rise above abasement at the word.(而如果你邀我一同前行,我会顺应召唤从卑谦中跃起,)
Make thy love larger to enlarge my worth!”(让我在你愈加浓郁的爱中更显光芒。)
(完结)